Ever meet a girl you really liked but didn’t know how to ask her out on or even if you managed to ask her out didn’t know what to do or say on this date? Say no more, we’ve got you covered!
Going on dates or asking a girl out is sometimes well, usually awkward. But here are some tips to help you get that date and give her a reason to want a second one.
Asking Her Out
Confidence is key
When asking a girl out on a date, it is important to ooze confidence. Being confident is really a way of letting her know you know what you want, and that’s her. It gives her the perception that you are assertive and women like assertive men.
- Being confident in such situations can prove to be difficult at times. Confidence can sometimes boost with a different look or appearance. So if you need to throw on some nice looking shoes to put a little kick in your step, then what are you waiting for? But solid confidence comes from believing in your inner awesomeness (yes, we all have an inner awesomeness. Don’t doubt for a second that you are anything short of amazing).
- Also, remember you want to ooze confidence not cockiness. Smooth and efficient like Christian Grey not lousy and a douche like Kanye West. That cocky attitude Kanye has may have worked on Kim but for the average girl it’s a major turn-off (also, don’t whip her, Christian Grey is not exactly a great role model when it comes to dating and relationships. You’ll thank me later.)
First Impression Counts
If you’re working on asking a girl out the impression she makes of you will most likely determine if she’s interested in you or not. You might be a beautiful clean-cut diamond deep inside but she’s not going to notice that if you’re covered in dirt, metaphorically speaking of course. Forming an impression involves a number of things but generally has to do with appearance. Dress sense, hygiene(smell), manner of approach, the way you carry yourself (confidence)are also factors that determine if she’ll look at you as her prince charming or a swamp frog.
If you’re one of those guys who wear a pink blazer, orange trousers and green shoes and thinks he’s colour-blocking or somehow has a fantastic fashion sense, this is some tough love but please stop it. No girl wants to date a guy who looks like a character from “Dora the Explorer”. You don’t necessarily have to kill it in the fashion department all the time, but she wants to know that if you two are out on a date and mistakenly bump into one of her friends, her boyfriend being you won’t be the laughing stock of Saturday afternoon gossip with girls. Looking good is good business or in this case looking good is good for getting the girl.
- A lot of guys usually slack off in the dressing department. Don’t do this. If the girl is putting effort in what she looks like then you need to do the same as well.
- Your pants should be one place and one place only, your waist.
- Always wear a belt guys. MAJOR KEY.
Though she may not mention it what you smell like is actually very important. Every girl wants to snuggle a guy who smells nice all the time. Smelling nice is combination of good hygiene and nice cologne. So bathe regularly, brush your teeth, wear deodorant and put on some nice smelling cologne. No girl wants to date a guy who smells like sweat half of the time.
- Invest in nice cologne. When you smell good you’ve done half of the work of convincing her to date you already.
- Mouth hygiene is just as important as important as smelling nice. Your 50 grand cologne won’t cover up the fish smell from what you had for lunch. Say no to bad breath and yes to tic-tacs!
- And never forget, deodorant is your friend!
On The Date
You’ve finally gotten a date with her. So what do you say or do? This is your first date with her so you’ve got to knock it out the park. This stage is the stage where all females decide if they are going to have to break things off or if they are ready to go the distance. This should be the stage where you do the same too.
Money is sometimes an awkward issue on dates. Society has made the guy out to be the ‘Maga’ and because of that some females tend to over-do things. They go out with the opposite sex and buy the most expensive things awaiting the supposed ‘Mugu’ to pay. For that reason, don’t take her to anywhere you can’t afford in the unreasonable attempt to impress (unless you will wash plates tire. LMAO), but also avoid taking her to somewhere cheap. There’s nothing wrong with impressing your date, but don’t go extreme trying to show off, if she really likes you, she’ll like you for you. As a gentleman since you invited her out, you should offer to pay. Don’t be stingy. No girl wants to be affiliated with a guy who can’t spoil her at least every once in a while, if she wants something and it’s not crazy expensive, buy it for her silly. I ran a poll on twitter asking who pays on the first date. With 56 votes, 2% said the girl, 16% said both of them should while 43% said the guy. The remaining 39% clicked to see the results.
- Even if you’re stinking rich don’t try too hard to impress her with money because you potentially run the risk of seeming proud or cocky. Just show her you can at least afford basic things, and let her know that their potential significant other can handle the bills.
- Every relationship should start on the basis of communication, if you don’t have a lot instead of taking her out and creating an awkward scene at a restaurant, tell her before the date and come to an agreement to either split the bill or go to somewhere considerably cheaper. Whatever agreement you come to make sure it’s something that doesn’t end in you and your date sweeping the floors of KFC.
Be The Perfect Gentleman
Guys, listen up! If there’s anything you should hold with all seriousness from this article is that ladies like to be treated like Queens; nothing less. The more you show her some respect the more she falls for you. Open her doors, pull her chairs for her etcetera etcetera. Also don’t try too much too fast. If you guys end up somewhere like the cinema on your first date, don’t go trying to grope her boobs in the darkness or trying to kiss her if she doesn’t look interested. Intimacy comes with trust, and trust comes with time. Instead of being pervy, put your hormones on some ice and chill. If you keep trying to touch her inappropriately you’ll be sending all the wrong signals and sending her straight out the door.
Listening to your date is so important. The first date is the stage where the both of you are exchanging large chunks of information about one another. And paying attention here is paramount. Remember that old bible verse from Matthew; out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh? Well it’s not just an old memory verse. There’s actually a lot of wisdom in it. If you’re attentive she’s probably dropping hints that she’s a psycho and if you’re wise you’ll get the hell out of there before she axes your head off. On the other hand, you guys might be vibing and you are probably realizing how amazing this girl is.
- You see how listening to your date can be beneficial? Don’t ruin your chance of being with a terrific girl by ignoring her. Your emails will still be in your mailbox after the date!
- Don’t be obnoxious and spend the entire time talking about yourself, otherwise you’ll be kissing yourself goodnight.
- Be actively engaged in the conversation.
- Eye contact is also important.
I asked a couple girls the following questions:
- When a guy asks you out what’s one thing that would make you say yes?
- Let’s say you say you eventually say yes what’s one really important thing he has to do on the date that seals the deal?
Here were their responses
“When a guy asks you out what’s one thing that would make you say yes?”
- I need to like him as much as he likes me.
- He needs to be well dressed.
- I have to have been talking to him for a long time and feel comfortable with him.
“Let’s say you say you eventually say yes what’s one really important thing he has to do on the date that seals the deal?”
- He has to make me laugh and get my jokes
- From what he says on the date I can tell if he’s ambitious or not and if he isn’t showing signs of future goals then we can’t be an item.
- He has to respect me.
The truth is there’s no wrong or right way to get the girl of your dreams. Something very important to remember is that every girl is different and wants different things. Some girls like an extravagant dresser some don’t. Some want a funny guy, while some don’t but, always make it a priority to find a girl who likes you for you. Never change your unique version of awesome for anyone!