Roasted fish for breakfast? why not, easy to follow, and the end result is delicious. I thought I would share his with you all.
- 2 Tilapia fish
- 2 Onions (11/2 for blending and half chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon Curry
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- 20g Ginger
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 200ml water
- 5-6 Scotch bonnet pepper
(preheat oven to 180c)
- Wash fish and clean properly. Make incisions on them and set aside.
- Make incision so the seasoning can get into the fish.
- Blend together, 1 1/2 onions, 2 scotch bonnet, curry, thyme, ginger, garlic, about 6 cubes of maggi and 200ml water.
- It should look like this
- Rub a bit of salt on your fish, then rub on the blended spices and leave to marinate for about 2 hours. (do not use up all the marinade)
- cover the whole fish and put some of the marinade in the incisions.
- While that is marinating, cut your yam into slices, put in a bowl add water and salt then set aside in a fridge.
- To make the pepper sauce, put a small pot on fire, put one cooking spoon of oil and allow to heat up, then add chopped onions and allow to fry . Do not burn the onions
- Add one cooking spoonful and half of the remaining marinade, with one cooking spoonful of blended tomatoes, the remaining pepper and one maggi and allow to cook for about 15 minutes. add more pepper if you want it super hot.
- the remaining blended marinade, add 2 tablespoon of oil and half a cube of maggi. Mix together , this will be used for your fish when its roasting in the oven.
- Roast your fish till its cooked and going slightly brown, do not forget to use the marinade from time to time on it. When turning your fish be careful, so you do not break it into two.
- Drain the water from your yam, heat up oil and fry till crisp, drain and pat dry on paper towel.
Note: Be careful of bones