This is a post with tips on how to better your life, it’s a list of things you already know but still need to be reminded every once in a while of their importance in your everyday dealing. The list is by no means exhaustive, but I just find these ones to be very important. Let’s get into it then;
- Be Time Conscious- Own at least one “working” wristwatch. Always be punctual. These are things most people take for granted. The truth is people would rather deal with people they know would always be on time than people who aren’t. Knowing how to manage your time also has a positive effect on your productivity.
- Dress Appropriately- I’m not here to lecture you about your wardrobe choices or to tell you to ‘dress the way you want to be addressed’ but you don’t show up for a stripper job dressed in a 3 piece suit, same way you shouldn’t go for a bank interview with your pants sagging or your butt crack visible. Your appearance goes a long way in the first impression people have of you.
- Act Confident- I said ‘act’ because confidence takes a lot of time to be built for some people, while for others, they have to be in a very comfortable situation for them to feel confident. The easiest thing to do is to apply the ‘fake it till you make it’ motto. Face any situation with your head held up. When meeting people, look them in the eye especially when you talk to them. Most times, acting like you know what you’re doing is all people need to see from you.
- Count your Blessings- Most people get hung up on the things going wrong in their life that they forget about the things that are good. Did you lose your job? Did your partner break up with you? Well at least your Twitter and Instagram followers are now more than 2000, and what’s more important than that?
- Have Great Friends- This is a much underrated point. You need good friends at every point in your life. It can be your partner, or your parents or anybody. Just have friends you can call to share good news with. Friends you can talk to when you are at your lowest. Friends you can call at 4AM when you can’t sleep just to wake them up just so they can’t sleep either. Friends make life easier.
I know I said 5 but I feel like I need to add this next one
- Stop Procrastinating- A lot has been said about this that I feel I don’t need to add anything to it.
Procrastination is a thief of time – Wise man
The best way to get something done is to begin – Wiser man
Never leave till tomorrow that which could be done today – Another wise man
Just do it - Nike
You get the point. As I said at the beginning, there are way more than 5 Life Hacks. Knowing them and applying them are two different things. Start applying them.
"Never stop trying to improve yourself"- Me (2016)